Read the instructions below, then submit the online form at the bottom of this page.
Purpose: To recognize an individual whose leadership and actions have advanced public education, the image of administrators, and the Association.
Definition of Administrator: Any person who has continuing authority to hire, transfer, discipline, dismiss, or otherwise direct employees or to effectively recommend any of the aforesaid actions.
Criteria: Nominations are judged according to the following two criteria:
- A four-question questionnaire
- A four-point narrative
Based on the packet of information submitted, members of the LAE Selection Committee will rate nominees on a scale of 1 to 5 for each criterion, where ‘1’ represents “minimal” evidence of the criterion, and ‘5’ represents “very strong” evidence of the criterion.
Nominations that do not conform to ALL deadlines and ALL format specifications will be disqualified.
Assembly of Nomination Packet: Nomination packages must include all of the materials listed below, in the specified order.
All applications MUST be submitted electronically in a Word document except for the three (3) letters of endorsement which should be scanned into a PDF file. All documents MUST be submitted in a single email to [email protected]. The application can be found online at lae.org/imageawards or can be obtained by request from Minette Carpenter ([email protected]).
Deadline: Thursday, February 02, 2023
Notification: LAE will notify the winner by March 2, 2023.
Current LAE Membership
Submission of an electronic portfolio including ONLY the following:
1. Nomination Form
One-page maximum. The form must be typed (handwritten information is NOT allowed).
2. Nominee Statement
NO MORE THAN TWO (2) TYPED PAGES responding to the following questions.
- What has the nominee done to enhance his/her profession? (Consider such things as development of new techniques/strategies, certification, training/educational background, providing training, holding office, service on committees within the Association or within the employing system, other.)
- What honors and/or awards have been earned by the nominee?
- In which community activities has the nominee participated?
- In which Association activities has the nominee participated?
A narrative of no more than 1000 words addressing the following topics
- Paragraph 1 describing the nominee’s major job responsibilities and how the nominee’s work impacts the education process
- Paragraph 2 describing the nominee’s involvement in the promotion of public education in the community
- Paragraph 3 describing the nominee’s involvement in activities that have enhanced the image of administrators and the profession
- Paragraph 4 respond to the following: What, in your opinion, is the vital role of administrators in promoting and strengthening public education?
4. Endorsement Letters
Three (3) one page letters of recommendation supporting the nominee’s work in enhancing the image of administrators in the Association, in the workplace, and/or in the community.