NEA-Retired membership today is more than 275,000 and we continue to lead the way in public education and on critical issues. We work with NEA members to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension, and health benefits—including state pensions, Social Security and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy, and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for education and education employees.
Whether you're already retired or just thinking about retirement down the road, there are many advantages to being an NEA-Retired member. They include:
- Staying connected with fellow NEA members and programs
- Opportunities to share your expertise by volunteering and mentoring
- NEA's political and legislative efforts to protect your retirement resources
- Subscription to NEA's bimonthly retiree magazine, This Active Life
- A variety of member benefits, such as:
- insurance programs
- credit programs
- loan and mortgage programs
- deposit savings accounts
- investment programs
Retired members also:
- Continue their involvement with their State Association and the NEA and enjoy new and different activities with former colleagues and new friends.
- Volunteer in community-based programs that help make America stronger.
- Participate in national and regional conferences and seminars.
In addition, NEA-Retired provides its members with a wide range of benefits through NEA Member Benefits.
JOIN NOW ONLINE