Education Support Professionals
Education support professionals (ESP) are a vital part of the school community. They are important members of the school team, working side-by-side with teachers in classrooms and assisting with every step that students take in their educational journey.
Who are our ESP members?
ESP members include bus drivers, secretaries, custodians, technical workers, clerks, paraeducators, maintenance and grounds workers, food service workers, and health care workers.
Why do ESP members join LAE?
- Assistance negotiating better pay, working conditions and retirement
- Strong, effective representation in grievances to protect members’ rights
- Protection against the privatization of school support personnel positions
- Improvement in retirement benefits
- Publications that address ESP issues
- Insurance protection
- Member benefits and cost-saving opportunities that help stretch paychecks
- Support from association staff, helping members and local associations to help themselves